Employer: Sligo Business Improvement District (BID)
Job Title: Marketing Executive
Reports To: Sligo BID CEO
Hours: Part-Time, 15 hours per week
Salary: €17,500 per annum
Contract: 2 years fixed term, 6-month initial probation
Sligo Business Improvement District (BID), established in 2016, is seeking a Marketing Executive to manage the promotion and profile of the BID’s various brands including Sligo BID, Sligo Ambassador Programme, Sligo Purple Flag, Love Sligo Voucher Card and Meet in Sligo.
The Marketing Executive will have responsibility for communicating the work of the BID to its members in line with the Sligo BID 2021-2025 proposal. The successful candidate will also manage communications to the diverse range of groups, organisations and stakeholders both locally, nationally and internationally that engage with Sligo BID.
The Marketing Executive will manage Sligo BID’s digital channels including the company’s social media platforms, websites, write and issue press releases, annual report, blogs and festival and event publications.
For queries or to apply, email: email@example.com
Please include cover letter, CV and 2 references
Application deadline: 5pm Friday 10th March 2023
- To manage the company’s websites, including content, visual imagery, updates, functionality and performance (via analytics).
- To ensure that Sligo BID achieves coverage in local media outlets, will have responsibility for writing & issuing press releases and building positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Responsibility for company ezine, newsletters, promotional material, marketing collateral and trade show material.
- Manage, update and grow the communications contact database – both to BID members and stakeholders.
- Represent Sligo BID at public events and have a level of knowledge across topical subjects such as Town Centre First Policy, Town Centre Regeneration, Ambassador programme, ENTE, Placemaking, Tourism, Tour Operators and Festivals and Events.
- To have a knowledge and insight into the Evening and Night Time Economy, Purple Flag, Sligo Ambassador Programme and the various national areas of work undertaken by Sligo BID.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A Third level qualification in the field of marketing, communications or digital marketing or equivalent experience.
- Substantial and demonstrable projects with measurable impact in communications and marketing
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work well within a team structure.
- A good multitasker